Facial Masculinization Surgery (FMS)
Facial masculinization surgery (FMS) is a collection of surgical procedures designed to transform the feminine features of a trans man’s face and make them appear more rugged and masculine.It is one of several gender-affirming surgeries provided by Dr. Josef Hadeed in Miami, Florida.
This procedure is appropriate for trans men suffering from gender dysphoria, a condition that develops when a person identifies differently from their assigned or biological gender. People with gender dysphoria experience severe discomfort, driving many to seek a surgical solution.
During your consultation, Dr. Hadeed will discuss with you each surgical technique that can help you achieve your aesthetic goals and formulate the ideal surgical treatment plan based on your anatomy and desires.Schedule A Consultation
Why Should You Choose Dr. Josef Hadeed for Your Gender Affirmation Surgery?
Because he specializes in gender affirmation surgery, Dr. Hadeed has extensive experience performing FMS. He has seen the uphill battle that many trans patients experience as they journey through their gender affirmation process.
Dr. Hadeed is dedicated to helping trans men and women improve the quality of their lives. At your consultation, your questions and concerns will be listened to carefully, and you can rely on him to create a customized treatment plan that will meet your unique needs.
How Do Female-to-Male (FTM) Procedures Work?
Dr. Hadeed offers a variety of face, breast, and body surgeries for transgender men to create a more masculine-looking body and face.
These options may include:
What Are Your Facial Masculinization Options?
Men looking to masculinize their face can choose from:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) involves removing excess skin and recontouring the underlying fat in the upper and lower eyelids to create more masculine and younger-looking eyes.
- Forehead augmentation can also masculinize the forehead by lengthening and expanding the space between the hairline and the eyebrows and creating a more angular and prominent appearance.
- Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, masculinizes the nose by increasing its size, length, and width for a larger, more manly appearance.
- Cheek augmentation places cheek implants or fat grafting between the skin and bone to provide trans men an angular, more masculine face.
- Chin contouring increases and reshapes the size of the chin by sculpting the bone into a stronger, more angular, and masculine appearance.
- Jaw contouring masculinizes the jaw and neck by widening the margins of the jaw for a more chiseled look.
- Tracheal enhancement (Adam’s apple enlargement) is performed to create a central neck bulge by enlarging the appearance of the Adam’s apple.
Contact Our Miami FMS Specialist to Learn More
Dr. Hadeed and his team are happy to answer your questions about gender affirmation surgeries, including facial masculinization surgery. Contact us today to learn more.